Saturday, December 26, 2009

HELP! Blackheads & oiliness?

I have combonation skin, and my nose gets very oily and tons of blackheads and zits, its disgusting, I use a cleanser every morning and night, I exfoliate my skin, I use Clinidamyacin gel and Retin-A gel from my dermatologist, but NOTHING is working! I've used every blackhead product on the shelfs, the Clindamyacin does nothing, and the Retin-A makes my skin raw and irritated, but more oily and than ever for some reason. I don't know what to do, I've begged my Derm for Accutane and he refuses, I've used masks, and strips, I've gotten professionaly facials, sometimes they go away for a day, and then they come back full force, its so gross, what do I that will make my skin flawless but not raw and dry and irritated.





Thanks so much





[Im afriad to pop them because it kills, makes my nose bright red and it bleeds, plus I dont want scars]HELP! Blackheads %26amp; oiliness?
Your Skin Is Only Raw And Irritated From Retin-A gel Because You Misuse It, And Your Face Isn't Used To It Yet.





Try Using It Every Other Night For Two Weeks Then Everynight Afterwards.





Everynight When You use RETIN-A And Wake Up You Need To Use A Scrub After You Washed It off.





Nuetrogena has Good Scrubs, They Have Little Beads Help Peel Off Dead Skin That Retin-A Will Form To Get rid Of Your Acne. Dont Scrub Your Skin Hard Either. Gentle Gentle.





For The Irriation You Need To Get A Bottle Of Liquid Vitamin E.





And Wear It Part Of Your Day To Settle Down Redness And Irritation And Get Rid Of Rawness .





You Need A Good Moisterizer Too.


Nivea Is Good. I Use It.





kbye.HELP! Blackheads %26amp; oiliness?
First, try the Neutrogena Wave. Wash your face with it every night before bed. Follow it with a swipe of witch hazel (like $4 a bottle).





Use your acne medicine, but sparingly. Only on the spots that need it most.





Moisturize twice daily with a oil-free moisturizer, one with SPF for the day.





Only exfoliate once a week. Any more makes your oil glands overactive and spreads acne bacteria.





Drink tons of water and eat right.





Use sunblock every day. Retin-A is drying and makes your skin super sensitive to sunlight.





And NEVER pop your zits. It will make scars.
I have big pores so I get a lot of blackheads as well. Have you tried St. Ives apricot scrub (specifically designed for acne/blackheads)? That helps the best in my opinion. I also use the Bjore Ultra nose strips. Just wet your nose, apply the strip, leave on for 15 minutes, then peel from both sides to the middle until the strip is removed. They won't get them all, but they do help some.





good luck
omg i use the exact same medicine and i nkow exactly what ur talking about its horrible isnt it, i actually asked this same question but got no where so if you get any tips i hope they work for you because they did nothing for me sorry i couldn't help
i used to have the same problem! i use this mud/clay mask that drys out my skin and it looks great! then if your getting a real tough zit use clean and clear benzoyl peroxide spot treatment or plain colgate toothpaste! it sounds weird but totally works! hope this helps!
look i have oily skin and i m a model and here a mask that you have to use 2 a week 2 egg whites and 2 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix it and leave it on for 20 to 30 min.
I suggest Acne Free. It works great to dry up your skin and prevent future acne. Then just use lotion to keep your skin moisturized.
During the day, use clean %26amp; clear oil blotting sheets whenever you feel your face getting really oily. These oil blotting sheets suck up the oil on your face, and all you have to do is then throw it away when finished. It's so cheap..around 4 bucks, and very handy to have with you in your pocket or in your desk at work or school.





here's the website





http://cleanandclear.com/productDetail.do?productid=58%26amp;productpos=1370





other than that, maybe use a shine controlling moisturizer on your face, include an exfoliating routing in your skincare to get rid of dead skin and to clear your pores, and continue with the medication your dermatologist recommended for your skin.





hope this helps.
I know exactly what you are feeling. I have oily skin and it kills me. I get oily in the t-zone and cheeks but stay fine on the chin area.





1. Maybe you should ask another dermatologist for his opinion.


2. I reccommend Neutrogena products. http://www.neutrogena.com/whatsnew_acne_鈥?/a>


It works wonders.


3. They say Differin, has to be prescribed works.


4. Do not pop or pick at your pimples. Popping them spreads the bacteria to another spot which makes another bump pop up.


5. And since you have oily skin, I say browse through these:


http://www.wikihow.com/Special:LSearch?f鈥?/a> [you may find something that works for you]


6. Carry around blotting sheets that can blot the excess oil.


7. Have patience and don't over do it.


GOOD LUCK!! :)





-cd.

No comments:

Post a Comment